Thursday, January 29, 2009

BRRR...It's cold out there!

It started off with a cold and snowy day and I left poor spark outside. For a little while she looked like a white horse because of all of the snow and ice that was stuck to her, so she got to go inside the barn for the night and stay out of the snow. She thought that my phone was something to eat and I got this closeup of her with snow on her face. But then the storm cleared up the next day and left us with just the cold out. The next night the temperature dropped to lows of about 30 below! When I got to there in the morning to feed the horses it was 18 below and they were quite frosty. Lady is supposed to be a bay horse but in the picture she looks white. Taito didn't look quite as bad and she just had frosty eyelashes. I feel so bad for them being out in that cold of weather, but thankfully the next day was up to 30 above again and it has steadily gotten warmer since then. :)










2 comments:

Mike-Jami-Bridger-Foster said...

Hi Vanessa! I feel so bad for the poor horses that have to live in Wyoming, including ours! It gets so stinkin cold there.. How is school? What has been new with you? I love that pic of Jackson. Congrats on your new Nephew, he is a so cute!

Val, Matt, and Madison said...

I'm glad I don't live there with you... it gets cold enough here for me. That picture of Jack is awesome, he's such a dork!